12-April-2013. Photographed Francesca Lee at the wxyz Lounge at the Aloft Hotel, Millbrae, California. Enjoyed her concert - which included songs from her album The Pieces Left & cover songs. Especially loved her rendition of Fly Me To The Moon and Stand By Me. Spoke afterwards & helped her carry her gear to her car. Been too long since I have seen her in performance.
8-Sept-2011. Now online - photographs of Tris Buckley and Andy Joe Stewart in concert at the Wild Vine Lounge, Livermore, California on August 27, 2011.
- Artists photographed – Tris Buckley (http://www.trisbuckley.com) , Andy Joe Stewart (http://www.andyjoestewart.com)
- @200pockets.com web page w/ editorial web use photographs - Yes. (link)
- A portion of still photographs uploaded to Facebook - Yes. 9/7/2011.
- A portion of still photos uploaded to Flickr, tagged to Upcoming.org - Pending
- A portion of still photos uploaded to MySpace – Pending
- A portion of still photos uploaded to Yelp – Yes. 9/8/2011 @8:55pm. (link)
- Embeddable flash photo slideshows – Yes. (link)
- 640x480 large format photo slideshow for id purposes – Yes. (link)
- .AVI video photo slideshow uploaded to Vimeo – Yes. (link)
- .AVI video photo slideshow uploaded to YouTube – Yes. (link)
- .AVI video photo slideshow uploaded to Facebook - No.
- Shared – Vimeo to Facebook – No.
- Shared - Vimeo to Flickr – Yes.
- Shared – Vimeo to MySpace - No.
- Shared - Vimeo to Twitter - No.
- Web use, editorial images - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/marenparusel/index.html
- Embeddable flash photo slideshows - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/marenparusel/flash_28_July_2010.html
- Large format 640x480 photo slideshow for file id purposes - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/marenparusel/clientreview_28_July_2010.html
- Uploaded to Facebook - Yes
- Uploaded to MySpace - Pending
- Uploaded to Yelp - Pending
Photographed a portion of the Boneless Children Foundation's performance at the Uptown, Oakland, California.
- Artist website - http://www.bonelesschildren.com
Photographed Maren Parusel at the Uptown Club, Oakland, California. Free Pirate Cat radio event.
The journey continues for Maren Parusel, both musically and personally as she sets out on summer dates up and down the West Coast and Norththwest. Having left her small home town of Tubingen, Germany just a few years ago for film School in Los Angeles, it has been an enlightening, whirlwind, and sometimes chaotic road as she and her music have evolved from punk rock in an all-girls Zeros cover band to the melodic, layered and heartfelt music she plays in her own band now.
Just off the plane in Los Angeles a few years ago, she was invited to stay at the home of Rolan Bolan (Son of T-Rex Marc Bolan) where given free reign in the studio she rediscovered her love of music. Classically trained on piano, she quickly picked up the guitar and a couple of years later after settling in San Diego she formed a Zeros tribute band Wild Weekend. That band garnered much attention through March 2009, but shortly after Maren decided to form another band to better express the music she had felt closer to and had been writing for the past few years.
Looks like that was the right decision as her new music caught the attention of mega producer Linda Perry who let her record in her Burbank studio and caught her show at The Hotel Cafe in Hollywood. While on tour in the opening act for a few short dates, Maren Parusel also caught the attention of The Killers and their violin player recorded on her five song demo. She also turned the heads of some music giants while playing at Alejandro Escovedo’s day party at SXSW 2010 and after her showcase was asked by the infamous Runaways Manager Kim Fowley to audition for him and several industry reps.
The music is catchy and the song writing is poetic, and it all comes to life with talented players like Gaby Sanchez on viola and keys, Kyle McGee on bass, and Joseph Abrahams on drums, all music students and able to play at least three different instruments.
There’s something passionate about a band that will not listen and do not seem to care about the endless pitfalls and broken hearts waiting out there on the road, as they leave armed with a handful of gigs, some vinyl, CD’s and a well rehearsed set bent on winning over the world. (Source: http://www.bellyup.com/artists/detail/maren-parusel)
- Artists photographed - Dave Gursom, Julie Larson (http://www.artmuserecords.com)
- Venue - Chester's BayView Cafe, 1508 Walnut Street, North Berkeley, California. http://www.chestercafe.com
- Photographs uploaded to Yelp.com? - Yes
- Photographs uploaded to Facebook.com? -Yes.
- Photographs uploaded to MySpace.com? - Forthcoming.
- Web use, editorial photographs - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/davegursom/index_2010.html
- Embeddable Flash photo slideshows - http://bit.ly/9Y8p9G
- Large format photo slideshow for file id purposes - http://bit.ly/bO9xYX
- Artists photographed - GG Tanaka, Todd Shipley, Dave Gursom, Roger Rocha, Brendan Getzell, Jesse Dyen, Genna G,
- Venue - Beckett's Irish Pub, Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, California
- Photos uploaded to Facebook? - Yes
- Photos uploaded to Yelp? - Yes
- Photos uploaded to MySpace? - Forthcoming
- Large format photo slideshow for photo id purposes - http://bit.ly/cyPlD7
- Web use, editorial images - http://bit.ly/9lG33s
- Embeddable flash photo slideshows - http://bit.ly/cPhAdj
- Web use, editorial images - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/attracted/2010/7_May_2010/index.html
- Client review photo slideshow - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/attracted/2010/7_May_2010/clientreview_7_May_2010.html
- Embeddable flash photo slideshows - http://www.200pockets.com/projects/attracted/2010/7_May_2010/flash_7_May_2010.html