THE ORIGIN OF 200POCKETS
A modern interpretation of the Friedrich Nietzche quote –
“The day’s length. If a man has a great deal to put in them, a day will have a hundred pockets.”
– Friedrich Nietzche
Human All Too Human: A Book For Free Spirits
The website of Bridget Canfield (1960-). @60 years of age – seeking to live a life of beneficentia (kindness). #beneficentia/acts of kindness in support of community (editorial photography, custom buttons made from recycled materials, writing letters to veterans) are done without charge. Donations are gratefully accepted.
Should you choose to donate, I accept donations via PayPal or by cheque.
- PAYPAL – https://www.paypal.me/200pockets
- CHEQUE – Bridget Canfield, PO Box 7016, Berkeley, California 94707
Many – from artists to family members of musicians have donated ($5 and up) since 2006. I am grateful to all those who have become patrons of 200pockets.com.
Donations help me pay for expenses such as –
- Button making supplies
- 7/19/2019 – Purchased $219.54 of button making supplies
- 6/25/2016 – Purchased (2000) Tecre 1″ pin back button machine parts, US $126.00
- 07/2018 – Purchased (1000) Tecre 1″ inch pin back button supplies, US $58.00
- Font files
- Transportation costs – Gasoline for travel (0.58 per mile), tolls
- Software purchases & upgrades
- 2017 – Upgrade to PhotoDex + plugin purchases
- Website hosting –
- $140 per year
- WordPress.org PRO templates
- WordPress.org PRO plug-ins
- 03/05/2018 – Purchased a PRO license for Supsystic WordPress plugin – US $29.00
- 07/29/2018 – Purchased a PRO license for Supsystic WordPress plugin – US $29.00
- SOFTWARE – Adobe PhotoShop CS4, Photoshop Elements, Bibble 5,
- DIGITAL CAMERAS –
- OMG Life Autographer (2014) –
- 5 MP wearable camera with 5 built in sensors & GPS
- Custom 136 degree eye view lens
- 5 sensors – sophisticated algorithm to tell the camera the right moment to take the photo
- Magnetometer – detects which direction the camera is facing
- Colour sensor – detects light & brightness
- PIR – infared sensor to detect motion
- Accelerometer – measures how quickly or slowly the camera accelerates
- Temperature – measures ambient temperature
- Key features – 5 megapixel “low light” sensor, 136 degree field of view lens, fixed focus f/3.2 lens, bluetooth, OLED display screen (for text), 8GB built in memory.
- Developed by OMG Life, the consumer subsidiary of OMG pic (Oxford Metrics Group)
- Originally developed by Microsoft to help Alzheimer’s patients remember the events of the day
- Canon 5D full frame dSLr (2005) –
- Canon Powershot N (2013)
- Canon Powershot N2 (2015)
- Google Glass (2013) –
- GoPRO Hero –
- Olympus Tough TG-2 (2013)–
- 12MP compact waterproof camera
- Panasonic/Lumix LX-1 (2005) –
- 1st compact camera with a widescreen 16:9 ratio CCD sensor
- 28-112mm (equiv) wide angle 4x Leica-branded zoom lens
- RAW & TIFF capture modes
- High quality all-metal traditionally styled body
- OMG Life Autographer (2014) –
- (2011) SamSung HXN-200
- (2017) Ubiquiti FrontRow Camera – Live streaming wearable camera
- LENS – Canon 50mm f1.4, 24-105mm L f4
Thank you to ALL who have encouraged me as I have pursued my photography. Grateful.
Thank you … Ted Falconi, Bruce Loose, Stephen De Pace, Krist Novoselic (Flipper), R. Wellington, Mike Watt (Iggy Pop & The Stooges), DH Peligro (Dead Kennedys) … the artists of the San Francisco music scene – Andy Mason, JJ Schultz, Brendan Getzell, Andre Custodio, Manny Bernal (Fleeting Trance), Lee Austin Hoffman, Lonnie Lazar, Bob Scott, Nina Jo Smith, Greg Oliva, Matt Herman, Palefighter, Tao Jones, Lawrence Genova, Roger Rocha, GG Tanaka, Tiki Houseman, Dan Mueller.
I am fortunate that many find my photographic output pleasing and choose to use the images in accordance with my photo usage policy. I was a member of the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) and Editorial Photographers (2009) to understand and comply with the legal constraints of media photography. I am a law abiding photographer.
Yes, that’s me. I photographed the Hotel Utah Open Mic from November 2006 to 2010.
email@example.com -or- PO Box 7016, Berkeley, California 94707