THE ORIGIN OF 200POCKETS
A modern interpretation of the Friedrich Nietzche quote –
“The day’s length. If a man has a great deal to put in them, a day will have a hundred pockets.”
– Friedrich Nietzche
Human All Too Human: A Book For Free Spirits
The website of Bridget Canfield (1960-). @59 years of age – seeking to live a life of beneficentia (kindness). Acts of kindness (below) in support of community are done without charge. To photograph an event, donations to help with travel costs (0.58 cents a mile) are appreciated.
- WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING – comments
- MY PATRONS
- BENEFICENTIA … random acts of kindness, editorial photography, web site design & maintenance, custom buttons, donations of photographs to Google Maps (via their Google Local Guide program), writing letters to service men (Operation Gratitude), donating food to those in need,
- Acts of kindness – Active kindness.
- Custom buttons – Custom 1″ buttons in support of artists and communities. Using recycled magazines & paper.
- Pen to Paper – Writing letters to service men, acknowledging others, offering assistance in writing cover letters & resumes.
- Photography …
- 1981-1989 – Half-frame photography
- 1990-1995 – Farm photography – California, New Zealand, Kentucky
- 1999-2002 – eBay auction photography
- 2005-2013 – Live music photography – specializing in low light, non-flash digital photography using a full sensor dSlr camera
- 2011-2012 – Hospice pet photography
- 2011-present – Photography in support of community. [ multimedia photo essayist ] = “one who embarks on an assignment knowing that she is going to tell a story through a series of pictures that will be viewed together and will cumulatively tell the story in a photo essay.” – the creative photographer by j.ingledew.
- Web work – Website design & maintenance. Editorial photography. Platforms: BandZoogle, Dynamod, OmniUpdate, WordPress.org,
- A LIFE IN REVIEW–
- Self portraits over time –
- Remember – memories
- Forgive –
- Death cleaning – …. going through belongings & making decisions about them before you die. … Swedish – “dostadning”. “Do” is death and “stadning” is cleaning. In Swedish it is a term that means that you remove unnecessary things and make your home nice and orderly when you think the time is coming closer for you to leave the planet. (Source: Time)
- Wish List –
- Bonae Memoriae – of happy memory
Should you choose to donate, I accept donations via PayPal or by cheque.
- PAYPAL – https://www.paypal.me/200pockets
- CHEQUE – Bridget Canfield, PO Box 7016, Berkeley, California 94707
Many – from artists to family members of musicians have donated ($5 and up) since 2006. I am grateful to all those who have become patrons of 200pockets.com.
Donations help me pay for expenses such as –
- Button making supplies
- 7/19/2019 – Purchased $219.54 of button making supplies
- 6/25/2016 – Purchased (2000) Tecre 1″ pin back button machine parts, US $126.00
- 07/2018 – Purchased (1000) Tecre 1″ inch pin back button supplies, US $58.00
- Font files
- Transportation costs – Gasoline for travel (0.58 per mile), tolls
- Software purchases & upgrades
- 2017 – Upgrade to PhotoDex + plugin purchases
- Website hosting –
- $140 per year
- WordPress.org PRO templates
- WordPress.org PRO plug-ins
- 03/05/2018 – Purchased a PRO license for Supsystic WordPress plugin – US $29.00
- 07/29/2018 – Purchased a PRO license for Supsystic WordPress plugin – US $29.00
- SOFTWARE – Adobe PhotoShop CS4, Photoshop Elements, Bibble 5,
- DIGITAL CAMERAS – Autographer, 2005 Canon 5D full frame dSLr, Canon N, 2013 Google Glass, GoPRO Hero, Olympus TG-2, Panasonic/Lumix LX-1
- LENS – Canon 50mm f1.4, 24-105mm L f4
Thank you to ALL who have encouraged me as I have pursued my photography. Grateful.
Thank you … Ted Falconi, Bruce Loose, Stephen De Pace, Krist Novoselic (Flipper), R. Wellington, Mike Watt (Iggy Pop & The Stooges), DH Peligro (Dead Kennedys) … the artists of the San Francisco music scene – Andy Mason, JJ Schultz, Brendan Getzell, Andre Custodio, Manny Bernal (Fleeting Trance), Lee Austin Hoffman, Lonnie Lazar, Bob Scott, Nina Jo Smith, Greg Oliva, Matt Herman, Palefighter, Tao Jones, Lawrence Genova, Roger Rocha, GG Tanaka, Tiki Houseman, Dan Mueller.
I am fortunate that many find my photographic output pleasing and choose to use the images in accordance with my photo usage policy. I was a member of the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP) and Editorial Photographers (2009) to understand and comply with the legal constraints of media photography. I am a law abiding photographer.
Yes, that’s me. I photographed the Hotel Utah Open Mic from November 2006 to 2010.
email@example.com -or- PO Box 7016, Berkeley, California 94707