Revised posting 2-July-2012 - click here
Originally posted 11-December-2011
I will be making the following changes to the 200pockets.com editorial photography archive.
WHICH EVENTS WILL YOU PHOTOGRAPH?
I will continue to photograph the weekly Hotel Utah Monday Night Open Mic w/host Brendan Getzell, (facebook link) (website - http://theutah.org) on a regular basis. I will post in the Facebook group when I plan to be on site.
I will also try by best to provide photographic coverage to those artists with a signed artists/model release on file with me (see below).
TO THOSE WITH A SIGNED RELEASE ON FILE
Photographing your shows will remain a priority for me. As of this date I hold over 100 signed artists/model releases. I follow your upcoming shows and appearances via a embedded Google calendar.
Choosing which shows I will be able to afford to photograph will be difficult. I will seek to balance –
- travel costs (petrol, tolls, parking)
- show frequency (how often does this artist perform?)
- photographer friendly venue? Is photography permitted?
- and my schedule
If you have a specific upcoming show that you would like me to photograph – please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate you.
I hope you will consider performing at the Hotel Utah Open Mic, San Francisco where I am in residence.
STATUS OF THE 200POCKETS.COM EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVE
- Continue to be hosted.
- Continue to stream photographs to the Hotel Utah Open Mic web site - http://theutah.org
- Continue to provide editorial use images free of charge.
- Continue to provide full resolution photographs to media and press outlets - free of charge to those who have a signed release on file. (click here for more information)
- To make available for sale (US $30) - those photographs taken at the Hotel Utah, the RockIt Room and the 23 Club for unrestricted and/or commercial use, and derivative works if a signed artist model release form is on file for all those depicted in the image. (more).
- Design, maintain and update websites. (more)
- As time permits, continue to post/list local music events at Yahoo's Upcoming.org and publish to the Hotel Utah Open Mic website (http://theutah.org) in support of the local music community (artists and venues).
- Suspend customization of MySpace web pages.
- Continue to post-process a backlog of digital negatives.
- Continue to rely on donations & the sale of photographs to support the website. (more)
- Limited availability to take on new projects. Will try to photograph live music events of those w/signed releases on file ... dependent on my schedule.
LIST OF PREFERRED VENUES
Due to close proximity, lighting conditions, where I have been most successful photographically, ease of parking, photographer friendly & signed venue releases on file.
- The Actual Cafe, Oakland, California
- Armando's, Martinez, California
- The Bistro, Hayward, California
- Chester's BayView Cafe, Berkeley, California
- Expressions College for New Media, Emeryville, California
- Historic 23 Club, Brisbane, California
- Hotel Utah, San Francisco, California
- Irish Monkey Winery, Oakland, California
- RockIt Room, San Francisco, California
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Van Ness, San Francisco, California
- Tomate's Cafe, Berkeley, California
- Wild Vine Lounge, Livermore, California
Link to my schedule - http://www.200pockets.com/schedule.html#Anchor-41541
Online journal - http://www.200pockets.com/journal