- #invitedtophotograph – Photograph Off The Record @Splatter Festival, Dublin, CA.
- #invited – To attend Alex Jimenez, Matt Jaffe, Terese Taylor, Thunderegg (solo) @2248 International Blvd., Oakland, CA. 8pm. $10 admission.
- #invited – To attend Sin Silver @Roxx on Main, Martinez, California. 9pm-11pm. $10 admission.
- #expense – Purchased a wooden double pie box from Mt Shasta Woodworks on etsy. Believe this is a local artisan [ “We build hand crafted wooden products for your home utilizing mostly reclaimed and sustainably harvested woods. We are always looking for special pieces of wood to build great new items.” ] who I may be able to commission a custom box for my public typewriters. Fingers crossed.
- #invited – To attend The New Frantics @Fourth Bore Tap Room & Grill, 2 Theatre Square, Orinda, California 94563
- #beneficentia – Donated (14) digital photographs of Pinole & Berkeley, California to Google Maps.
- #mydayjob – Fall 2019 semester commences at the university
- #beneficentia – Donated 162 digital photographs of Berkeley, California businesses to Google Maps.
- #beneficentia – Gifted groceries (a packet of $0.97 cents a pound chicken) to an elderly neighbor.
- #beneficentia – Delivered bottled water to construction workers.
- #beneficentia – Photographed the jazz ensemble Consensual Bop @Suisun City Jazz Waterfront Series, Suisun City, California. 91 degrees!
- Downloaded some Celtic fonts (Livingstone, Breathe Fire, Celtic Hand) so I can make some custom buttons for singer/songwriter Sin Silver.
- #beneficentia – Donated 1-photo of Payn’s Stationery, Berkeley, California to Google Maps
- Called Network Solutions to request refund from MyTime Support ticket not used as I repaired the website myself by manually reinstalling WordPress.org.
- #beneficentia – Began making Consensual Bop, CBop, Fleeting Trance, Support Local custom 1″ buttons.
- #beneficentia – Repurposed a child’s garden cart into a merch table display.
- Spending the day backing up the website. One directory of files contained a Trojan virus. Windows Defender/Windows 10 detected and removed these files.
- A day devoted to housework & home repair.
- #beneficentia – Making custom 1″ buttons for the jazz group Consensual Bop. In support of their 2 upcoming public shows. They will be available at their upcoming shows –
- Sunday, August 4, 2019, 3-5pm. @Suisun Waterfront Jazz Series. Headlining.
- Saturday, August 10, 2019, 9pm. @Bird & Beckett Books, San Francisco, California.
- (10:04am) – After 18 hours of work, the 200pockets.com has been restored. Manually reinstalled WordPress.org v5.2.2.
- #expense – Purchased button supplies from http://www.cabuttons.com. $219.54
- #beneficentia – More updates to the Fleeting Trance website –
- Added a blog; imported his July social networking posts
- #beneficentia – (5:30pm) – Meet Manasseh Bernal @Rigger’s Loft Winery, Point Richmond, California. Bring laptop and spare external drives. Bring Duff.
- #beneficentia – (6pm-9pm) – Photograph Manasseh Bernal @Rigger’s Loft Winery, Point Richmond, California. Free admission. Dog friendly.
- #beneficentia – Worked on Fleeting Trance’s new website hosted by BandZoogle. http://www.fleetingtrance.com
- #beneficentia – Began making 1″ custom buttons for Fleeting Trance and Sin Silver – artists in our midst.
- #expense – 2002 Honda CR-V – tune-up, air bag recall. Est. $800 service.
- #beneficentia – Photographed 32 businesses in Fairfield, California. Donated 360 digital images to Google Maps.
- Still under the weather w/a migraine headache & ear ache.
- #beneficentia – Found long lost digital photographs of Mikie Lee Prasad (12/27/2008 – Hotel Utah Saloon, San Francisco
- Download ZIP file of full resolution images of Mikie Lee Prasad – password protected for family access
- 27-Dec-2008 – Fleeting Trance, Andy Mason, Laurie Henry, Mikie Lee Prasad @Hotel Utah, SF
- Added 27-Dec-2008 images to the new FleetingTrance.com website.
- New BandZoogle FleetingTrance.com website now online.
- #beneficentia – Uploaded photos of the Charles M. Schultz Museum to Google Maps.
- #beneficentia – Sent M. Bernal information on how to change the DNS settings of his website. Switching from Dynamod to BandZoogle for website hosting.
11-JULY-2019 to 12-JULY-2019
- #beneficentia – Designing a new BandZoogle Pro website for the indie band Fleeting Trance.
- Had hoped to photograph – The New Frantics @Martinez Main Street Summer Concert Series, 626 Main Street, Martinez, California. 6:30-8:30pm. Unable to attend due to a migraine headache & earache.
- #mydayjob – On Mare Island for meetings today.
- #deathcleaning – Cleaning the 2nd floor bedrooms. Difficult confronting past memories.
- #beneficentia – Tagged Jeffrey Winslow & Floyd Haas (Off The Record) band members on uploaded photos to Facebook.
- #expense – Purchased a Netgear NightHawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX7700 to extend WiFi signal in the house. Works great. $200
- #beneficentia – Exported the Fleeting Trance mailing list (CSV file) from the web hosting company Dynamod. 400+ records. Recommending the use of the MailChimp service for email campaigns.
- #expense – Purchased (2) 8TB Fantom external drives from Office Depot. $494.75
- Awoke to discover DAS (Direct-Attached-Storage) unit unresponsive. Used chkdsk /f g: to recover it. Need to buy a backup drive(s) to preserve data.
- #beneficentia – Donated 18 photographs of the Alameda County Fair 2019, Pleasanton, California to Google Maps.
- #beneficentia – Uploaded ZIP files of 26-June-2019 – Off The Record (band) @Alameda County Fair. Password protected for client – http://www.200pockets.com/journal/?p=20981
- Successfully recovered NAS unit (5 x 12TB drives). Used chkdsk / f. Contemplating long term backup solution.
- #expense – Purchased Disk Drill PRO for Windows ( $89 ) to recover data.
- #beneficentia – Photographing the Off The Record band at the Alameda County Fair (AgVenture Stage), Pleasanton, CA. 8:30-10pm. Confirmed.
- Transportation costs – 71.2 miles roundtrip from Berkeley x 0.58 = $41.30
- Signed release on file – Jochen Straub, Floyd Haas, Jeffrey Winslow, Rich lund, Staci Hammond
- Message from Network Solutions – “Website Down 6/26 – 12:05 PM EST.Several customers are experiencing intermittent issues connecting to websites hosted with Network Solutions. We are currently aware of these issues and working to resolve them as soon as possible.We greatly apologize but we expect this outage to last for 1-2 hours at most. During this time, the connection issues may come and go, or be slow to load.”
- #beneficentia – … a visit to Berkeley City Hall to obtain a building permit. Brought a box of pastries for the very helpful staff & security officer.
- #donation – Received an unexpected donation from Jochen Straub of Wish Inflicted & Off The Record. Grateful. Thank you.
- #beneficentia – …. think of how we could change the world if we all took time to help a stranger in need <3 … …. #beneficentia – Learned this morning that a woman I helped to write a cover letter and reworked her resume 1+ years ago (which resulted in a $10K increase in salary & new job at the time) today accepted a position at Stanford University. Her dream job. … I am so proud of her.
- #beneficentia – bought my landscaper DF lunch
- Added password protected gallery for 5/30/19 Soiree party photos from 555 Clay Street, San Francisco;
- 58 digital images of books processed;
- Received email from Jochen Straub of Off the Record (details of upcoming gig)
- Upgraded FTP software (WinSCP 5.15.2). http://www.winscp.net
- #beneficentia – Processed 140 images from May 2019 photo shoot at 555 Clay Street, San Francisco. Gallery to be password protected for client.
- #donation – Received an unexpected donation from AD a corporation based in Walnut Creek, California. Much appreciated.
- My first song commission – Trenches in Your Mind by Manny and The Black Outs .
- #beneficentia – Spent the day in Concord, California. Photographed local businesses. Images donated to Google Maps.
- #donation – Received a website donation from Andre Custodio of the jazz group Consensual Bop. Helps to pay for gas ($6), tolls ($7) and parking ($22). Thank you Andre! Though I rely solely on donations from my patrons, I will begin posting the costs of travel in my photography calendar
- #beneficentia – GVM came to my home and with his electric saw cut up over 20+ palm fronds that had fallen in my yard & also helped trim back a neighbor’s tree which had dislodged a fence board. Grateful!
- Began work on dismantling/removing website directories and content that are likely no longer in use or obsolete. Downloaded and deleting 297 PDF files today.
- Republished 2011 content for indie bands-
- #beneficentia – Met a new neighbor Trudy. Gifted her a Santa Barbara daisy. She seemed so pleased.
- Posted 50+ editorial use images of the jazz group Consensual Bop to Facebook in support of the band. Still need to process the party guest photos.
- #beneficentia – Photographed an outdoor rooftop event at 555 Clay Street in San Francisco, California. (PM). Consensual Bop = Andre Custodio, Bob Johns, Mark Secosh, Marc XXX, special guests – A, B, C
- Spoke with Andre Custodio of the jazz group Consensual Bop. Will be photographing his band this Thursday, 5/30/2019 in San Francisco at a private event.
- Successfully updated the 200pockets.com website to WordPress 5.21 & updated PHP to v7.
- Web site hosting error with online dashboard. Service ticket #18136254. Unable to update PHP on website which would allow me to update WordPress.org. Allow 24-48 hours for access.
- (3) – #donation – Received a donation from Manasseh Bernal of Fleeting Trance and Mr. Manny & The Black Outs. Most kind!
- (2) – #beneficentia – Photographed Mr. Manny & The Black Outs at the Uptown, Telegraph Avenue, Oakland, California. Overcame my anxiety of attending by myself. Found parking about a block away. A bit rusty as I struggled with LED lighting; but pleased with the images I captured. So proud of Manasseh Bernal for pursuing his passion as a singer/songwriter. His dedication is impressive. To see photographs from that night, click here.
- #beneficentia – gifted a 18 pound pre-cooked ham to my neighbor.
- (2) – #beneficentia – photographed the British invasion band – The Mercy Beats at private event in Lafayette, California. ( Andre Custodio (drums), Wil Hendricks (bass), Helen Orzel (keyboards), Jason Countryman (guitar) )
- #deathcleaning – Inspired to try Decluttr to find homes for unused/unwanted barcoded items in my house.
- #mydayjob – Spring semester starts
- #mydayjob – Meeting on campus
- #donation – Received a donation from singer/songwriter Kevin Patrick Radley.
- donation – Received a donation from Andre Custodio of Consensual Bop (jazz band).
- #beneficentia – Photographed Andre Custodio’s British invasion band – The Mercy Beats @BABC event, Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco, California.
- #donation – Received a donation from Manasseh Bernal of Fleeting Trance (band).
- #beneficentia – Learned that my local post office clerk was on duty all day without backup staff. Walked to Starbucks to get him a hot tea & some snacks.
- #beneficentia – Mailed custom buttons to J. Starmack.
- #beneficentia – Photographed Manny Bernal at Rigger’s Loft Winery in Point Richmond, California. Lovely show. Took Duff!
- #beneficentia – Made (100) Kymber’s Army custom buttons for a friend’s daughter who is battling cancer.
- #beneficentia – Photographed the Amtgard group – Barony of Wyvern’s Spur at Codornices Park, Berkeley, California
- #beneficentia – Photographed Hickory Hollar at Berryessa Gap Winery Tasting Room, Winters, California
- #beneficentia – Photographed downtown historic Winters, California for Google Local Guide.
- #beneficentia – Received word from SD that she got a job interview! Happiness is helping someone find a job.
- #beneficentia – Donated $25 to my friend’s cat Tarzana’s cancer fund on GoFundMe.-
- #beneficentia – Photographed Hickory Hollar (Nancy Northrup, Kevin Patrick Radley, Mel Bearns) at Porchfest Winters 2018. Super hot temperatures. Great performance.
- Updated a number of website plugins this morning.
- Photo Gallery by Supsystic to v1.12.6
- Gutenberg v3.6.2
- Feedzy RSS Feeds Lite v3.3.0
- Backup by Supsystic v2.2.4
- #beneficentia – Photographed Manasseh Bernal (Fleeting Trance) @Chabot Space & Science Center, Oakland, California. Wonderful concert. Great setting. Kids & parents loved the merch box – pokemon, totoro, cat & dog buttons very popular.
- Received word from Manasseh Bernal of Fleeting Trance that Chabot Science Center in Oakland will comp me admission +1 as I will be photographing him this Saturday on the Observatory Deck.
- #beneficentia – Photographed jazz group Consensual Bop at the Suisun City Waterfront Jazz Series. Posted photographs to Facebook. Incredible public turnout. GVW estimates 125 in attendance – maybe more.
- Finished the Fleeting Trance merchandise box; spoke with Manny Bernal and learned that he had a show at the Bistro in Hayward, California this evening. Drove it down. Had him set it up. Said it was a breeze to pack up. Success!
- Found (2) Buccella winery boxes for sale on eBay. Purchasing them. Will make ideal typewriter cases for my Hermes portable typewriters. Feeling happy & pleased.
- Helped a friend put together a cover letter & put some polish on his resume.
- Added a new upcoming residency to Andre Clayton Custodio WordPress post.
- Updated my invenio – discover google calendar.
- Wood burned two tags for the Fleeting Trance merchandise box
- Finished the merchandise/display box for Fleeting Trance.
- #deathcleaning – Gifted a 1988 Winchester bronze 1912 nickel steel lock back pocket knife to GVW.
- #deathcleaning – Gifted a set of vintage wood boring auger drill bits to GVW.
- Painted the merchandise box for indie band Fleeting Trance gold. Added a thin leather belt for a handle.
- Added new shows to my Elegant Trash WordPress post.
- Added new shows to my New Frantics WordPress post.
- Added a screenshot to Andre Clayton Custodio WordPress post.
- (2) – Bought (2) Sistema plastic bins that fit perfectly inside the Fleeting Trance gold box.
- (31) – Treated a friend to an all you can eat dinner in El Cerrito, California. Went to the All you can eat Tuesday Tacos at Los Moles Restaurant on Potrero Ave., El Cerrito, CA. 4-9pm, $13.99. Delicious.
- (29) Purchased a PRO license for the Supsystic WordPress plugin for Google Maps Easy for < US $29 >.
- (22) Making custom buttons.
- (22) Photographed = Garageland Rodeo @The Warehouse, Port Costa, California.
- Gifted a 80 gallon composter to my friend in Crockett, California. Ordered from Amazon. A feat to assemble. A gift for his garden.
- Photographed = The New Frantics, Martinez, California.
- Photographed = Eyescream Jewelry, Oakland, California. Uploaded photographs to Google Maps via the Google Local Guide program.
- Purchased (1000) Tecre 1″ inch pin back button supplies, < US $58 >
- Photographed = Maroon velvet box for Ruby of Eyescream Jewelry, Oakland, California.
- Photographed = USS Hornet Museum, Alameda, California.
- Photographed = Shark Alley Hobos at the USS Hornet, Alameda, California.
- Photographed = Mitch Polzak and the Royal Deuces at the USS Hornet, Alameda, California.
- Photographed= Box for indie band Fleeting Trance.
- Photographed = Suisun City marina.
- sce emoji=”camera”/] Photographed = Harbor Plaza, Suisun City, California
- Photographed = Boxes for Ruby of Eyescream Jewelry, Oakland, California
- Photographed = Consensual Bop merchandise box.
- Photographed = Rigger’s Loft Winery, Point Richmond, California
- Photographed = Manasseh Bernal (solo acoustic) @Rigger’s Loft Winery, Point Richmond, California;
- Picked up my typewriter from repair – grateful for Berkeley Typewriter.
- Photographed = Eyescream Jewelry, Oakland, California.
- Swedish death cleaning. Gifted my electric Fluke ukulele to my youngest daughter. Mailed to her – Olympia, Washington.
- Found a very useful PC file management tool – XYplorer. Tried the 30 day free trial and within minutes purchased the < $79.95 pro license >. Will be using it to explore and remove files from my Surface Book laptop and external drives. Beautifully designed interface and program. Highly recommend! http://www.xyplorer.com
- Restored my daughter’s art portfolio website. http://www.poparu.com
- Edited the WordPress.org wp-config.php file using net2ftp and settings from Network Solutions.
- define( ‘WP_ALLOW_REPAIR’, true);
- confirmed SQL hostname <– there had been a change
- define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’)
- Photographed- kosher foods.
- An inquiry from my friend Lee Hoffman of Bang The Bay – “Hey Bridget I finished my first episode of bang the kitchen and i am ready to release it but would like your advice on how i should get it copyrighted. the rules have changed for placing ads on videos and i was wondering the other options. i hope all is well with you!!!!”
YouTube has made changes such that monetizing videos is more difficult to do. Recommended Lee put a copyright notice & contact information at the end of the video. Helpful resource – https://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.pdf
- Updated Filezilla FTP Client (software) on my Surface Book. Helpful that this is free.
- Purchased a < $29 license > for Photo Gallery PRO WordPress.org plugin by SupSystic. I’ve been using the free version for a while and love the software. The PRO version offers a few more gallery designs as well as import image options. Excellent customer support!
- Renewed domain and hosting services via Network Solutions. Dismayed that some services were inadvertently added to my account. Need to gather my thoughts and write a letter of concern to Customer Service.
- Photographed – kosher foods.
- Received my replacement Olympus Stylus TG-2 camera today. So grateful that ebay seller cloutdogg had one for sale. New in box!
- 9pm. Showed my camera to GVW last night and he has concluded my constant companion go to camera – a 2013 Olympus TG-2 camera is broken and will require replacement. The port which accepts the charger is loose making charging and the transfer of images very difficult. I have found a new in box unit on ebay and have made an offer of < $200 >. Fingers crossed.
- 1:40pm. Honoured to be providing the Shark Alley Hobos (band) with high resolution images for use on their web site and album art.
- 10:38am. Re-installed a WordPress photo gallery plugin. Used net2ftp to rename a plugin directory and then reinstalled the plug-in.
- Donated 160 photographs of 31 businesses to Google Maps via their Google Local Guide (volunteer) program.
- Using a Canon PowerShot N camera set on the Creative Filter setting – photographed some artificial flowers. An interesting exercise.
- Being a holiday – today’s side hustle was to scan 145 book covers for a local bookseller. Digital images were then color corrected, resized and uploaded to various online databases.
- Gifted an old manual Royal typewriter to my friend Joe at Berkeley Typewriter.
- Photographed – Neighborhood walk.
- Photographed the sea shanty band – The Shark Alley Hobos.
- Made some custom buttons.
- sce emoji=”gift”/] Made some custom buttons.
- Photographed the indie bands Fleeting Trance and Stymie & the PJLO in Fairfax, California.
- Gifted a local musician $100 for a replacement car key.
- Gifted a vintage Hermes manual typewriter to my younger daughter.
- Purchased (2000) Tecre 1″ pin back button machine parts, < US $126 >
- Gifted (3) Fender amps to Lee Hoffman of the indie band Elegant Trash and Bang! Magazine.